School Nurse

Allison Landis RN School Nurse

Allison Landis RN BSN
PCSD School Nurse
Ecker Hill Middle School
(435) 645-5610 ext. 1753

I appreciate the opportunity to be a School Nurse for the Park City School District. The goal for your children is to keep them healthy and provide preventive health measures in the schools. I am the school nurse for Ecker Hill Middle School. All the nurses for the PCSD focus on working with all schools to meet the health needs of PCSD students.

Important Notices

2017-2018 7th Grade Immunization Requirements Click Here English Click here Spanish

All 7th grade students will need a TDaP Booster. a Meningococcal vaccine, and a 2nd Varicella *(or history of having Chicken Pox Disease) to attend school. Please watch for bulletins on canvas and E-blasts with this information. The difference between 6th and 7th grade immunization requirements is these three immunizations. The TDap immunization is required regardless of interval since the last tetanus/diptheria containing vaccine. Check with your health care provider concerning your child’s immunization record to see when he/she needs these immunizations. Bring proof of receiving them to the Ecker Hill office. Your child will not be able to start 7th grade with out showing proof of receiving these immunizations. Exemptions are allowed and must be obtained at the Summit County Health Department, then the form hand delivered to the Front office. Please contact me with questions!

Vision Screenings for 7th Grade Students

Vision screenings for 7th grade students are done in the fall or early winter. For the 2017-2108 School year vision screenings for 7th grade students will be done on December 7th and 8th. **6th grade student are only vision screened by teacher request. If a student does not pass the vision screening, a letter is sent by the nurse to parents recommending follow up with an eye doctor. If your student is absent or did not have his/her glasses/contacts on screening day, please contact Anne Alexander RN to set an appointment for a vision screening.
Through out the school year a teacher may request the nurse to do a vision screen on a student if they have concerns. If the student does not pass this screening a letter will be sent to parents recommending follow up with an eye doctor.

Scoliosis Screenings for 7TH grade PE Students:

Scoliosis is an abnormal curvature of the spine. Scoliosis screening information for parents to screen at home is available on the PCSD website under Health Services Department. The information flyers give instructions on how parents or guardians can check your child at home. If you have concerns please follow up with your healthcare provider. If you are unable to screen your student at home please contact the school nurse.

Handy Information and Facts

The following list includes information that maybe helpful.


Utah Immunization Rule for Students R396-100. In order to attend school, a student must have proof of receiving the following immunizations:

  • 3 Hepatitis B
  • 2 Hepatitis A
  • 5 DTP (4 if the 4th given after 4th Birthday)
  • 4 Polio (3 if 3rd given after 4th birthday)
  • 2 MMR- the 1st must be given after the 1st Birthday
  • 1 Varicella (or proof of having Chicken Pox Disease-parents sign pink card)


  • 3 Hepatitis B
  • 5 DTP (4 if 4th given after 4th Birthday)
  • 4 Polio (3 if 3rd given after 4th Birthday)
  • 2 MMR
  • 2 Varicella (Chicken Pox) or history of having disease-parents sign pink card verification
  • 1 TDaP Booster
  • 1 Menningococcal

A student may be exempt from immunizations for medical or personal beliefs. Exemption forms are available at the Summit County Health Department and must be hand delivered to your school.

Please note In the event of an outbreak students who have claimed an exemption or are on conditional enrollment and have not received the immunization for which there is an outbreak must be excluded from school.

Please read the policy on District Webpage PCSD: (HEALTH SERVICES) or obtain a copy from your school from office. A signed (by parent and MD) PCSD medication form must be on file at the school before any medication can be given. All medication must be in original container, labeled with student’s name, and brought to the school by parent.

An Epi pen Authorization form must be submitted to the school if student is to carry or store and Epi-pen at school. This form must be signed by parent and Health Care Provider annually. Parents designate on form if student is to carry/self administer epi pen or if epi pen is to be locked in health room cabinet. How to Use EpiPen Auto Injector in English y español.

An Asthma Self Authorization form must be submitted to the school annually if your student is to carry or store and self administer his/her inhaler. This form must be signed by parent and health care provider.

Vision Screening is done on grades K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, and special education students in the Fall. If a concern is noted you will be sent a letter recommending an appointment with an ophthalmologist or optometrist.

Scoliosis screening by the parent at home is encouraged by the Utah Department of Health. A flyer is posted on the District webpage on how to do a scoliosis screen at home. If you request your student to be screened at school please call the school nurse.

Health Care Plans are needed if your child has a medical concern and may require medical intervention at school. Contact School Nurse If your student has a health plan, it is parent responsibility to contact school nurse each school year to renew and to keep health plan current. It is parent/guardian responsibility to inform all student’s teachers of medical concerns.

Any special diet requests need to be submitted to the Nutrition Services Department. Please contact RJ Owen at 645-5600 ext. 1424.

Please file at enrollment a “Student Health Information” form. This ensures that we have the most recent health , allergy, and contact information in the event of an emergency. Please notify the school of any changes as soon as they occur.

Parents of students with health concerns must contact the transportation department at 645-5660 to fill out an emergency and medical information card if your student rides the bus.