New Student Enrollment

Welcome to Ecker Hill Middle School!

This page will help you enroll your student at EHMS in a timely fashion. For quick links to information about Treasure Mountain, the Park City School District, and the Park City community, click on the “More Information & Links” tab above.

New Student Pre-Enrollment:
We will be ready to pre-enroll new students beginning in May. We will post more information here when it’s available. In the meantime, see the New Students Enrollment page. If you have other questions, please contact the Registrar Mary Kelsch.


Call the EHMS Registrar Mary Kelsch to set up a new student appointment. The registration process includes discussing course selections, transfer of grades, and/or any other concerns you may have including transitions and student needs. Our busy counselors are not often available for walk-in registrations. Please make an appointment with Registrar Mary Kelsch.


The following documents are required for new student enrollment. Bring these items with you to your meeting with the registrar. Your previous school should be able to help with copies of the birth certificate, immunizations, withdrawal form, and transcripts. Contact Registrar Mary Kelsch at 645-5610 with any questions on this part of the process.

Proof of Residency
Bring a document showing proof of your primary residence in Park City. Examples include a gas or electric bill or a lease agreement showing the parent/legal guardian’s name and the service address. For greater detail, please click on the “Residency & Guardianship” tab above.

Guardianship Information
You must be the student’s birth parent or court-appointed legal guardian to enroll a student in school. In case of divorce, bring your court documents naming you as a custodial or joint-custodial parent. For greater detail, please click on the “Residency & Guardianship” tab above.

Birth Certificate
Bring a copy of the student’s full original birth certificate for age, parent, and legal name verification. We are required to enroll students under their full legal name, as listed on the birth certificate or court order.

Record of Immunizations
Bring a copy of your child’s immunization record. By law, a student may be refused enrollment if his/her immunizations are not up-to-date. Please note that Utah’s requirements may be different than the state you are coming from.

School Transcript
A copy of your student’s previous school transcript (or report card) can be a big help when we are discussing class placements and transfer of high school credits.

School Withdrawal Form
If you are transferring during the school year, bring a copy of the student’s withdrawal/checkout form from their previous school.


Enrollment packets can be picked up from the Registrar in the front office, the forms can be downloaded below, or you can call us and we’ll mail a packet to you. To request a packet, or if you have questions about any of these forms, contact the registrar in the front office. To help prevent delays in your student’s enrollment, please bring your completed forms with you to your enrollment appointment.

Enrollment forms (required):

Health services forms (optional):



To be enrolled in the Park City School District, families must provide documentation showing that their primary residence (the house in which they live) lies within the Park City School District boundaries. We may ask families to update their residency at any time in order to keep our records current.

The document you provide must:

  • Be in the name of the parent, custodial parent, or legal guardian
  • Show the home/physical address
  • Be dated within the last 60 days
  • Be associated with the home itself (sorry, but driver’s licenses, cell phone and internet bills, car titles, bank statements, and health care bills are not tied to your home)

Acceptable documents include:

  • Gas, power, or water bills (must be the entire statement, not just the stub)
  • Lease/rental agreements
  • Homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policies
  • Property tax notices (the property must be a primary residence, not a second home)
  • Closing escrow papers showing possession date (if the home is a new purchase)

If you are living with another family, or you don’t have any documents in your name, bring in (1) a notarized statement from the person you are living with/the homeowner, stating that you and the student live there, the address, and for what period of time, and (2) a document showing that the person you live with resides within Park City (see acceptable documents above). The school district office has a notary public (2700 Kearns Blvd, 435-645-5600).

If you are homeless, or your situation is unusual, please talk to your student’s counselor about your situation.

If you do not live within our school district boundaries, and are interested in applying for non-resident enrollment in the Park City School District, please refer to PCSD Policy 10010 Student Enrollment and contact the District Office at 435-645-5600 for application information.


In cases of divorce, provide official court documents showing that you are the student’s custodial or joint-custodial parent. If you are not the student’s birth parent, you must be a court-appointed legal guardian. Notarized statements are not acceptable. We ask for this information out of respect for all parties involved, and most importantly, for the safety and security of our students. The information your provide will be kept confidential.


Utah Laws 53A-2-201 and -202: A child is eligible to attend a Utah public school if they reside with their custodial parent(s) or legal guardian(s) whose primary residence falls within the boundaries of the school district. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Board of Education (see PCSD Policy 10010 Student Enrollment).

School Fees
Ecker Hill accepts checks and cash for payment of school fees. We are not equipped to take credit cards at this time. See the PCSD 2009-10 Fee Schedule for more information. Fee Waivers are available for those who qualify–please see the school secretary for details.

Bus Information
Bus route information can be picked up from the front office. Contact the Transportation Department (435-645-5660) if you have specific questions about busing. Bus Procedures and the Code of Conduct are outlined on the Transportation Department web page. Information is also available on the Procedure for Space Available Students.

School Lunch and Breakfast
School lunch menus are available online and in the school office. See Breakfast and Lunch Fees for meal prices. Lunch fees can be paid two ways: take your money directly to the front office or pay online via the NutriKids website. Fee Waivers are available for those who qualify–please see the school secretary for details.

Hallway lockers are assigned through the front office. Students may not change lockers without first asking the front office–this is a safety and security issue.

EHMS/PCSD Web Site will contain most of the information you need under the Students or Community tabs. District policies and information regarding enrollments can be found on the district registration page.

Park City Community Links:

Official Website of Park City, Utah
Park City Chamber of Commerce
Park City Education Foundation
Park City Recreation Youth Programs
Basin Recreation
Park City Performing Arts Foundation
The Park Record