College and Career Readiness - en español
A CCR (College Career Readiness) meeting is an opportunity for students and parents to meet with a school counselor to discuss academic pathways and school success.
Research demonstrates that students do better when parents are involved in their education. The CCR process invites parents into the school to plan and monitor their child's progress toward achieving his or her educational goals. The topics discussed include:
- Review of student progress (i.e. attendance, grades, strengths/challenges).
- Course and pathway planning for 8th grade and high school graduation.
- Goal setting and discussion of values and expectations for the future.
- Naviance Family Connection
- Appointments are available Monday through Thursday and typically last 30 minutes. The student and parents attend the meeting together. The student will need his or her laptop.
- Due to iTime on Tuesday and Thursday, appointments are not available until 9:30am.
- Individual CCR meetings are available in Spanish by appointment.
- Utah State Office of Education: College and Career Ready
- Student Planning Guide for Grades 7-8
- Student Planning Guide for Grades 9-12
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Pathways
- StepUpUtah (Utah System of Higher Education)
- Utah Educational Savings Plan (UESP)
- Student Planning Guide for Grade 7