Ecker Hill

New Student Enrollment


To be enrolled in the Park City School District, families must provide documentation showing that their primary residence (the house in which they live) lies within the Park City School District boundaries. We may ask families to update their residency at any time in order to keep our records current.

The document you provide must:

  • Be in the name of the parent, custodial parent, or legal guardian
  • Show the home/physical address
  • Be dated within the last 60 days
  • Be associated with the home itself (sorry, but driver's licenses, cell phone and internet bills, car titles, bank statements, and health care bills are not tied to your home)

Acceptable documents include:

  • Gas, power, or water bills (must be the entire statement, not just the stub)
  • Lease/rental agreements
  • Homeowner's or renter's insurance policies
  • Property tax notices (the property must be a primary residence, not a second home)
  • Closing escrow papers showing possession date (if the home is a new purchase)

If you are living with another family, or you don't have any documents in your name, bring in (1) a notarized statement from the person you are living with/the homeowner, stating that you and the student live there, the address, and for what period of time, and (2) a document showing that the person you live with resides within Park City (see acceptable documents above). The school district office has a notary public (2700 Kearns Blvd, 435-645-5600).

If you are homeless, or your situation is unusual, please talk to your student's counselor about your situation.

If you do not live within our school district boundaries, and are interested in applying for non-resident enrollment in the Park City School District, please refer to PCSD Policy 10010 Student Enrollment and contact the District Office at 435-645-5600 for application information.


In cases of divorce, provide official court documents showing that you are the student's custodial or joint-custodial parent. If you are not the student's birth parent, you must be a court-appointed legal guardian. Notarized statements are not acceptable. We ask for this information out of respect for all parties involved, and most importantly, for the safety and security of our students. The information your provide will be kept confidential.


Utah Laws 53A-2-201 and -202: A child is eligible to attend a Utah public school if they reside with their custodial parent(s) or legal guardian(s) whose primary residence falls within the boundaries of the school district. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Board of Education (see PCSD Policy 10010 Student Enrollment).