Welcome to Ecker Hill Middle School
2465 West Kilby Rd
Park City, UT 84098
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
6 and 7
Can you help with registration? When parents volunteer, our lines are shorter. Registration Help
PTO Board Positions and Committee Help
We would love your help as we organize our year. PTO Board Positions and Committee Help
Student Registration Information 2017-18
Back to School Registration Fall 2017
Back-to-School Registration is for students already enrolled in the Park City School District, including:
• 5th graders rising from a PCSD elementary
• 7th graders returning to EHMS
• new students who pre-enrolled last spring
To enroll a NEW student (not already enrolled/pre-enrolled in the district), see the New Student Enrollment information below.
Schools Begins Thursday, August 24
NOTE: Registration packets will be mailed home on August 7 to the primary parent listed in PowerSchool as of June.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR STUDENT’S BACK-TO-SCHOOL REGISTRATION:
1. Online Registration
The online registration is required for all district students. You can do the online registration from home. You will need a ‘snapcode’ to access the online system. The codes will be emailed on August 7. Didn't get the email? Check your junk/spam folder, and check both parents’ email accounts—the system sends the code to only one parent. A paper copy will also be mailed home, in the registration information. Contact the school if you need another copy. If you don’t have internet access at home, you can use a computer at the school on the dates listed below.
REGISTRATION DATES & TIMES:
Thursday, August 17: 8:30am – 2:30pm
Friday, August 18: 8:30am – 2:30pm
Monday, August 21: 11:30am – 2:30pm
If you are unavailable for any of these registration dates, please plan to register August 22 or 23. There is no early registration.
2. Proof of Residency
Proof of residency is required for all district students and must be provided at registration (and again if the student moves during the school year). Parents must complete a Proof of Residency Form (Formulario de residencia en español) and provide supporting proof documentation. See the form for a list of acceptable documents. Bring your Proof of Residency form AND acceptable proof documentation to the school during the scheduled registration dates (see above).
3. Parent Electronic Device Orientation - Parents must view this online orientation video before the student will receive their school laptop. Go to the Parent Electronic Device Orientation page for instructions (en español).
4. Pay School Fees
Fees are paid online during the InfoSnap registration process. The final page will link you to the eFunds site, our payment vendor. You can pay fees online with a credit/debit card or e-check. If you set up an eFunds account last year, you can use the account again. If you are planning to pay cash for student fees, you may do so at registration. To see a list of fees, please click here Fee Form
To apply for a Fee Waiver, see the financial secretary, Jennifer Ivers, during the scheduled registration dates. You can print a fee waiver application from the online registration or pick one up at the school. Proof of income must be provided with the application.
K-6 Spanish Form
K-6 English Form
7-12 Spanish Form
7-12 English Form
5. Pick Up Laptop (August 17-18)*
Student laptops can be picked up during registration dates. You must complete the following in order to collect your laptop: complete online registration, provide school with Proof of Residency form and accompanying documentation, pay student fees. 7th grade immunizations must be complete and school has been provided a copy of all required immunizations. 7th grade students (that attended Ecker Hill last year), must bring their laptop case to collect their laptop. Students will not receive their laptop without their case.
- Due to a limited supply of laptops, new students (including those who pre-enrolled in the Spring) MAY NOT get their laptops until after school starts.
Class Schedule Corrections:
If you have an ERROR on your schedule, you may contact your counselor at 435-45-5610 from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. CHANGES WILL BE MADE ONLY FOR ERRORS.
Examples of errors are:
- I am enrolled in Science twice.
- I don't see Math on my schedule.
Under no circumstances will classes be changed for any of the following reasons:
- To have lunch or classes with friends
- To choose another elective other than the one selected
- To switch teachers or teams
Thank you for your cooperation in following this policy.
Lunch and Bell Schedules:
6th grade students have A LUNCH
7th grade students have B LUNCH
Exception: all 2nd period (Blue & White) PE students will have B LUNCH
Schedule for Thursday, August 24 and Friday, August 25:
Schedule for Monday, August 28 – WHITE DAY
Schedule for Tuesday, August 29 – BLUE DAY
8/30 – WHITE DAY
8/31 – BLUE DAY
Don’t forget! 7th grade students must have the following immunizations prior to school admission:
- 1 TDaP Booster
- 1 Meningococcal
- 2nd Varicella (history of chickenpox is acceptable with parent verification)
School pictures will be taken on Thursday, August 24. All students must have their picture taken in order to receive a school ID card and have their picture in the yearbook. Purchase of a picture package is optional. Flyer
Add money to your student’s breakfast/lunch account via PayPAMS. Balances roll over each year. Menus and other information available on the PCSD website.
The EHMS Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) supports our teachers and staff by donating both time and money to enhance our students’ overall educational experience. Please join by paying the $35 dues, this is done when paying your student’s fees in eFunds.
Parent PowerSchool & Canvas Accounts:
Parents can monitor their student’s grades, attendance, and assignments from home, anytime, using PowerSchool and Canvas. Parent PowerSchool and Canvas account information is provided during registration. If you set up a parent PowerSchool account last year, you do not need to create a new account; you can use the same login you set up last year. For your security and privacy, we cannot provide account information over the phone or by email. You may come to the Ecker Hill main office and we will provide you with an additional copy.
Electronic Report Cards:
EHMS provides quarterly report cards electronically via PowerSchool. When the report cards are ready, they will be uploaded to the students’ and parents’ PowerSchool accounts. You will receive notification via email, then you can log in to PowerSchool to view and print the report card as needed. If you don’t have access to the internet or a printer, students can save their report card on their laptop and/or print it out at school.
New Student Enrollment
Ecker Hill Registrar, Mary Kelsch, will be available for new student registration beginning August 10, 2017.
New Student Enrollment is for students who are NEW to the Park City School District or former students who are returning after having withdrawn from a district school. Primary residency within the Park City School District boundaries is required.
STEP 1: - Complete the online New Student Registration.
Complete the online registration first. You can do this any time. If you don't have internet access at home, you can use a computer at the public library or at the school. Be sure to complete all the required information and click the final "Submit" button. You're finished when you get the "Submission Confirmation" screen.
(Do not use these links if you are RISING from a Park City School District elementary school or if you pre-enrolled last spring. We will email/mail a "snapcode" to you in August and you will use Returning Student Registration.)
Class Registration Forms
STEP 2: Provide the required enrollment documents to the school office.
After completing the online registration, provide the following documents to the front office. Documents can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 435-645-5619.
- Proof of Residency - The student must be living with a parent (birth, custodial, adoptive) or legal guardian within the school district boundaries. Bring a completed Proof of Residency Form (Formulario de residencia en español) and a supporting document showing proof of your primary residency within district boundaries. See the district policy for more information.
- Guardianship Papers - Students under 18 years of age must be living with a parent or court-appointed legal guardian. If parents are divorced, bring court documents naming you as the primary custodial or joint-custodial parent. Children not living with a parent must have a court-appointed legal guardian, per district policy. Notarized letters are unacceptable. Foreign Exchange Student host parents must have approval from the District Office.
- Birth Certificate - Bring a copy of the student's birth certificate for age, name, and parent verification. We are required to enroll students under their full legal name, as listed on the birth certificate or name-change court document.
- Immunization Record - Bring a copy of your child's complete immunization record. By law, a student will be refused enrollment if his/her immunizations are not up-to-date by Utah's school immunization requirements:
- 6th Grade Immuniztion Requirements
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Hepatitis A
- 5 DTP (4 if the 4th given after 4th Birthday)
- 4 Polio (3 if 3rd given after 4th birthday)
- 2 MMR- the 1st must be given after the 1st Birthday
- 1 Varicella (or proof of having Chicken Pox Disease-parents sign pink card)
- 7th Grade Immunization Requirements
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Hepatitis A
- 5 DTP (4 if 4th given after 4th Birthday)
- 4 Polio (3 if 3rd given after 4th Birthday)
- 2 MMR
- 2 Varicella (Chicken Pox) or history of having disease-parents sign pink card verification
- 1 TDaP Booster
- 1 Menningococcal
2017 Fall Laptop Distribution
Laptop distribution will August 17 & 18 from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm, and August 21 from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm.
The following criteria must be met before a student can receive their laptop:
- Parent must complete Online Registration
- Parent must submit acceptable Proof of Residency
- Unpaid laptop deductibles must be paid in full
- Student must have been enrolled in a Park City district school at the end of last year
- Student must be present to receive their laptop
- Returning 7th grade students must bring a padded laptop case
Please Note: New students (those who were not attending a PCSD school at the end of last year) will receive their laptop after school begins.
DLI Welcome Back to School Breakfast
Where: Ecker Hill Middle School Auditorium
When: Wednesday, August 23rd
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Who: All parents and students of 6th and 7th grade DLI French and Spanish students.
What: We will do a short presentation on the DLI program for all parents and then a quick meet and greet afterwards.
Our presentation will include:
- Overview of standards based grading
- Overview of standards and AAPPL benchmarks
- Q & A
Tuesday, August 29th, 5:00-6:00pm
Please start in the auditorium for a brief introduction.
After welcome/introductions, teams will be in the following areas:
-6Blue & 6Silver – Auditorium
-6Green & 6White – Gym
-6Red – Media Center
Wednesday, August 30th, 5:00-6:00pm
Please join us in the auditorium.
Noche para las familias Latinas de Ecker: Regreso a la escuela en español
31 de agosto a las 5:30pm
Compartiremos la misma información de que se va a platicar en las otras noches de regreso a la escuela, pero en español. Su asistencia esta noche es muy importante para que usted puede informarse de la escuela de su hijo/a.
2017-2019 EHMS School Community Council Nominations
The mIssion of Ecker Hill Middle School is to empower, challenge, and motivate sixth and Seventh grade students to become socially and academically responsible citizens.
Parent PowerSchool and Canvas Accounts
Parents can monitor their student's grades, attendance, and assignments from home, anytime, using PowerSchool and Canvas. Parent PowerSchool and Canvas Account information is mailed home in September. If you set up a Parent PowerSchool Account last year, you do not need to create a new account; you can use the same login you set up last year. For your security and privacy, we cannot provide login information over the phone. Logins can be picked up in person or mailed to the home address we have on file.
PCSD Parent Link Text Pilot Program
From now until the end of the school year, Ecker Hill Middle School will pilot the new PCSD Parent Link (texting platform) as a way to inform parents about events and to get parent feedback. Please feel free to join in and then provide feedback to PCSD about your experience.
Once you complete a quick sign-up process, you'll be part of our soft-launch test group (we expect to go school-wide by mid-March). Note; You have the option to stop receiving texts at any time. You can also re-subscribe at any time.
You you will receive the following notification on your phone:
"Thank you for registering with PCSD Parent Link, a pilot program for texting at EHMS. From now until the end of the school year, we will use this text platform to inform you of events and to get your feedback. For more information about this program, go to www.pcschools.us/index.php?page=360.
To reach us with comments or questions, just text us right here! Text STOP to unsubscribe from these texts."
PCSD Parent Link is powered by local startup atlasRTX.
Contact: Molly Miller, email@example.com
The Park City Schools Aquatic Center is also located at Ecker Hill Middle School. Check out our page for event times and other information.