Welcome to Ecker Hill Middle School
Empowering, challenging, and motivating sixth and seventh grade students to become socially and academically responsible citizens.
2465 West Kilby Rd
Park City, UT 84098
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
6 and 7
End-of-Year SAGE Testing May 21, 22, 23
Ecker students will continue SAGE testing this week Monday - Wednesday, May 21 - 23.
- Students need to bring a fully charged laptop, headphones, and a reading book to all test sessions.
- Students who are not enrolled in Advisory, need to come to school at the regular start time and be seated in their English classroom by 8:50 am.
- Opted out students do not have to come to school until 11:25 am.
May 21: ELA Reading (headphones required)
May 22: Math
May 23: Science
Los exámenes SAGE de fin de año son el 21, 22 y 23 de Mayo.
Los estudiantes de Ecker Hill comenzarán los exámenes de SAGE el 17 de Mayo, 2018.
- Tendremos un horario modificado por los cuatro días que duren los exámenes. Los alumnos deben traer sus audífonos y un libro para leer a todas las sesiones.
- Por favor tengan en cuenta que los alumnos que no tienen el período consultivo, deben venir a la escuela a la hora regular y estar presente en sus clases de inglés a los 8:50 am.
Mayo 21: Artes del lenguage
Mayo 22: Matemáticas
Mayo 23: Ciencia
Running with Ed MakerSpace Fundraiser
This year, EHMS teacher Brad Gannon will run the entire length of Running With Ed in support of the MakerSpaces at Ecker Hill Middle School and the Park City Education Foundation. At Ecker, we have created two MakerSpaces which have allowed our students to focus on realistic project-based learning where they use critical thinking and technological tools to solve problems individually and as a team. These MakerSpace projects foster curiosity and interest. None of these experiences would be possible without the generous support of the Park City Education Foundation and community members. Let's make a difference in Park City Schools! Donate to our fundraiser today! Please visit runsignup.com/makerspace.
EHMS School Community Council Nominations 2018-2020
The Ecker Hill Middle School School Community Council (SCC) is soliciting elementary parents and guardians interested in serving on the 2018-2020 School Community Council. Additional information can be found under Community > School Community Council.
Keep Calm your school counselor can help.
Class Registration for 2018-19
Important Dates for 2017-18 6th Grade Students and Parents
May 7 - 5:00 to 6:00 pm, JRES parent/student orientation/tour at EHMS
May 8 - 5:00 to 6:00 pm, PPES parent/student orientation/tour at EHMS
May 9 - 5:00 to 6:00 pm, MPES/TSES parent/student orientation/tour at EHMS
May 16 - 5:00 to 6:00 pm, Spanish-speaking parent/student orientation/tour (all schools) at EHMS
Questions? Contact Ecker front office staff or your student’s counselor.
2018-19 Counseling Staff: Kristen Brindza (6/7th), Nora Buchanan (7th),
Johnna Roussos (6th), Becky Broadhead, Counseling Secretary.
Don’t forget! Incoming 7th-graders need the following immunizations:
- Tdap booster
- 2nd Varicella.
Once all of the immunizations are received, please bring proof of immunizations to office.
Información para la inscripción (registro)
Fechas importantes para nuevos estudiantes de 6to grado del año 2018-19
Fechas importantes para estudiantes de 7mo grado del año 2018-19
Orientación en INGLES de 5:00-6:00 pm en Ecker Hill:
7 de mayo JRES
8 de mayo PPES
9 de mayo MPES y TSES
Orientación en ESPAÑOL de 5:00-6:00 pm en Ecker Hill:
16 de mayo – Padres y alumnos de todas las primarias podrán asistir
Para mas información, hagan el favor de contactar las oficinas de Ecker Hill o
a consejería con Nora Buchanan (7mo), Johnna Roussos (6to),
o Kristen Brindza (6to/7mo)
No se olviden que los estudiantes de 7mo necesitan las siguientes vacunas:
Refuerzo Tdap, Meningocócica & segunda Varicela.
Una vez recibidas las vacunas, traiga el comprobante a la oficina.
EHMS After School Programs
NEW:! We now have a website where you will find information on all after-school programs at EHMS, including Homework Club, Timberwolf Tuesdays enrichment, and more. Visit us at www.ehmsafterschool.com for information and to register.
WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students)
WATCH D.O.G.S. is a program that positively impacts the school by the committed involvement of fathers and father-figures in student’s life. Our goal is to have you spend at least one day this year at the school to be a positive male role model and to provide an extra set of eyes and ears.
- All day: 8:30 am to 3:40 pm (Monday-Thursday) or 8:30am to 1:35pm (Friday)
- Advisory M-W-F: 8:45 am to 9:15 am
- During lunch: 11:30 am to 12:50 pm (Monday-Thursday) or 11:00 am to 12:40 pm (Friday)
- After school activities: 3:30pm to 5:00pm
- Anytime that is convenient for you. Just specify your timeframe when you sign up.
School Fee and Lunch Payments
School fees are handled through the TMJH Main Office. School fees can be paid at e-Funds for Schools with a credit card, checking account or debit card. You can set up and maintain your own e-Funds account. The school will never have access to your banking information. You have the flexibility of making payments any time from home and you even have the option to make recurring payments or installments.
Your child may qualify for free or reduced price meals. Assistance is available to those who qualify. Please bring in a completed application (en español.) Note: Proof of need must be attached to the application before it can be processed.
Online Lunch Account System: PayPAMS (lunch balances roll over each year)
Additional News and Information
Parent Electronic Device Orientation
All EHMS students will receive a district-owned laptop for the school year. Parents are required to view the Electronic Device Orientation before the student will receive his or her computer. Parents may watch the orientation from home, or at the school. Directions are shown below:
- Go to http://www.gcntraining.com/ (opens in new tab)
- Click "Login to View Training"
- Select "New User - I do not have a Personal ID" and click Next
- Enter Organization ID as 70308p and then click Submit
- Enter Your Preferred Personal ID (recommended as First Name and Last Name with no spaces) and click Submit
- Complete the following fields keeping in mind:
- This orientation only needs to be completed once per family if the boxes are filled out correctly
- First Name (Legal) and Last Name reference the parent going through the Laptop Orientation
- School, Student First Name, Student Last Name, Student Grade Level reference the OLDEST student belonging to this family in the Park City School District
- Additional Student Names references all other students in grades 6-12 belonging to this family in Park City School District. Please use legal names and enter the school in parenthesis, i.e. Barney Rubble (EHMS), Fred Flintstone (PCHS).
- Email Address reference the parent going through the Electronic Device Orientation
Logout after finishing the tutorial. Make sure you have reviewed and electronically signed both the Internet Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and the Electronic Device User Agreement (EDUA) during the online registration process. Students may not receive their laptop until all three pieces (Orientation, AUP, and EDUA) have been received and recorded by school officials.
To set up a Parent PowerSchool Account, parents will need their student's parent access ID and password. (This information is mailed home the first week of September.) Parents can link all of their students to one Parent Account, all you need is the parent access ID and password for each of your students. For instructions, see the Parent Single Sign-On Instruction Sheet.
If you lose, or didn't receive, your Parent Account set-up instructions, contact the school. For security reasons, we will not give out account information by phone, fax, or email. Logins can be picked up in person or mailed to the home address we have on file. PowerSchool logins are reset every summer to protect your privacy.
With a Parent PowerSchool Account, parents will have access to a special Email Notifications page where they can sign up for automatic progress reports. Because of this exclusive feature, it is highly recommended that parents keep their account ID and password confidential and not share it with their student. Students get their own ID and password when they pick up their laptop.
How to sign up for PowerSchool Email Notifications
Parents can now create their own Canvas account and link to all their PCSD Students. Provided below is a list of information each parent will need to have on hand and links to the instructions on creating the account and linking the students.
Gather the Canvas Login information for your student(s)
Quick access to your personal email account
Use a computer to navigate to https://pcsd.instructure.com
Follow the How Do I Sign Up for a Canvas Account as a Parent Guide
Add another student (or two or three) by following the How do I link to another student as an observer Guide
Review the Observer Guide for an overview of what to expect
Please Note: PCSD Employees wishing to observe their students within PCSD should NOT use their @pcschools.us email address. They should use a personal email address.
The Park City Schools Aquatic Center is also located at Ecker Hill Middle School. Check out our page for event times and other information.